- Read the syllabus carefully at the beginning of each course.
- Follow exam and assignment instructions.
- Ask questions about completion of course assignments, including levels of collaboration during group work, permitted and prohibited resources, standards for citations/references, and behavior during exam and other projects.
- Plan ahead to avoid pressure and confusion.
- Understand the Code of Academic Integrity. Contact SRR at [email protected] with questions.
- Anticipate challenges and share those with faculty.
- Ask the faculty member for a copy of the Charge of Academic Dishonesty and to review the evidence of the alleged violation(s).
- Review the Code of Academic Integrity.
- Consult with our office to discuss your rights & responsibilities in relation to the alleged violation(s). You may also consult with an advisor of your choosing.
- The specific violation(s) you are being charged with
- The potential sanction(s) and how they may affect your academic status within the course, within the academic program or school, and at the university
- Your options in response to the charge(s), which include
- accepting the charge and recommended sanction,
- accepting the charge and contesting the recommended sanction, or
- contesting both the charge and the recommended sanction
- Hearing procedures and your rights in the process
- Participate in any hearings or meetings requested or required of you.
First Floor Lobby
514 19th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052