Procedure Following an Incident
- Student Rights & Responsibilities (SRR) receives reports regarding possible violations of the Code of Student Conduct from various sources, including GWPD, the Campus Living & Residential Education team, faculty, staff, students, and campus neighbors.
- SRR staff reviews the incident report and determines if the report indicates any violation(s) of the Code.
- SRR determines what kind of action to take, which could include referring the incident to other offices or issuing an initial warning.
- If the case will proceed through the conduct process, the case is assigned to a case manager. The case manager will contact the individuals involved regarding next steps.
- Individuals involved in the incident will have the opportunity to meet with the case manager, who will give an overview of the conduct process, in addition to the rights and responsibilities of individuals involved. Individuals can share additional information relevant to the case.
- A student conduct conference or conduct panel will occur.
- The case will be resolved and the individuals involved will be notified of the outcome.